The University of Coimbra, the University of Salamanca, the City Council of Guarda and the Polytechnic Institute of Guarda established a strategic partnership that enabled the creation of the Centro de Estudos Ibéricos (CEI) – Center for Iberian Studies, determined on reinforcing cultural and scientific axis organized by the cities and corresponding Universities, with the mission to promote initiatives that engage with the low density territories, particularly the peripheral and close to the border, as an active involvement in territorial cooperation.
Deadline: 30 April 2019
Entry fee: Free
Each candidate may only submit one portfolio with six (6) photos about a single subject of the contest
Of all participants and photos submitted to the competition will be selected and awarded the following:
- The Overall Winner (1) for the best and most complete submitted portfolio will receive 1500 Euros (2019년 2월 26일 기준 190만 6,095 원)
- The Winner of each theme (4) for the best and most complete portfolio will receive 750 Euros (2019년 2월 26일 기준 95만 3,047.50 원).
- The Jury will also award up to 12 portfolios, being each one awarded with 150 Euros (2019년 2월 26일 기준 19만 609.50 원)
The pictures collected under this contest should portray the diversity of territories, societies and cultures of different continents in order to allow crossed looks on the changes which are taking place in different parts of the world, show different styles of social organization and space, capture signs of continuity and change, archaisms and innovations that manifest themselves in the most populous cities or rural areas, located in the most remote and distant and areas, which are facing depopulation. The interpretation of the natural, economic, social and cultural landscapes validated in photos will make them an important component of territorial cooperation, as they are valuable resources of promoting the inclusion of remote and less visible regions.
Photos must allude to one of the following subjects:
- Landscapes, biodiversity and natural heritage (Natural resources and risks; use, management and planning of natural areas; diversity of contexts and intercourse between man and the environment, etc.).
- Rural areas, agriculture and settlement (Goods and agricultural products, organization of rural areas; places and rural architecture, mobility, etc.).
- The city and the urbanization process (City, architecture, regeneration and urbanization processes; landscapes, urban environments and experiences, etc.).
- Culture and society: cultural diversity and social inclusion(Constructed legacy and cultural heritage, ways of life and social conditions; fight against poverty and social exclusion, etc.)
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Participation in the Contest implies that candidates:
Ensure they are the only holders of all rights over the photo they have in contest and that are authorized and therefore are responsible for the use and dissemination of images in which people who can be identified may appear;
Accept that the submitted photos can be used in publications and in any exhibition, show or catalog that will come to the course of this award;
Agree that the submitted photos might be reproduced without any commercial purposes and ethically by CEI, illustrating publications or shown on the official website.
Accept that the photos submitted to the competition may be used, without prior communication, in several communication materials, publications or magazines and online, always being mentioned the author’s name.
Cityscapes Landscape Culture
For more information: http://www.cei.pt/transversalidades/competition-regulation.html