The theme is open, all genres and styles are welcome.
The competition is open to everyone, worldwide. Submitted photos
- must not have been previous award winners in San Francisco International competitions,
- must not have previously appeared in Bokeh Bokeh Photo, and
- must not have appeared in previous exhibitions at the ACCI Gallery.
May 15, 2019, at midnight, Pacific Time.
- Solo feature of the series on Bokeh Bokeh Photo
- All entries with at least six images will automatically be considered for Portfolio Awards as well as the other awards. Portfolio awards are given to compelling sets of photographs that have a unifying theme or visual style. You may submit multiple series (each with at least 6 images) as well as individual images.
- $35 for the first three photos.
- $10 for each additional photo.
- Entries with 6 or more images will also be considered for Portfolio Awards.
Registration, payment, and submitting of images is done through the SmarterEntry site. Image files uploaded for judging must conform to the following guidelines:
- Images must be between 1,200 and 2,000 pixels long on the longest side.
- Images must be at most 4 MB.
- Entries must be submitted as high quality JPG files.
- Images must use the sRGB color space. (This is the default for JPG files.)
- File names must end with .jpg
- File names cannot contain any of the following characters !@#$”%^&*()+
- Do not use any borders, visible watermarks, copyright notices, or added identification on your images
- Registrants may substitute or add images at any time until registration closes.
- The Director reserves the right to reject any works deemed inappropriate.
Preparing Gallery Award photos for exhibition
- Image size must be at most 20″ (50cm) in the longest dimension.
- External size of the frame must be at most 25″ (65cm) in the longest dimension.
- The frame must be ready to hang, with hanging wire attached. Hanging cleats are not acceptable.
- Electronically delivered images must be flattened tif or psd files, 240 to 360 ppi, 16-bit, adobe 1998 or pro photo color space, and cropped and sized to final print dimensions including any desired borders.
- Artwork can be shipped, hand delivered, or delivered electronically. Electronically delivered artwork will be printed and framed, using archival materials, at a modest cost.
Printing and framing service for Gallery Award photos
As a convenience to Gallery Award winners, we offer a printing and framing service at modest cost. We print with ILFORD Gold Fibre Silk luster paper, an outstanding heavyweight paper. We use acid free mats and mounting materials, and black lacquered solid wood frames. We place a size limit of 16″ (40cm) for the long dimension of the photographs we print.
Return of unsold Gallery Award photos
Arrangements for return of unsold work must be made with the Director by September 21, 2019. Return options include:
- Pick-up from the gallery on September 29, 2019
- Shipment to the artist for the cost of packing and shipping
- Disposal at artist’s request
Unclaimed work will be destroyed
Use of images
Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist. Entrants must own and have exclusive copyright to all images they submit. The San Francisco Bay Month of Photography, Bokeh Bokeh Photo, and ACCI Gallery reserve the right to use award winning images for marketing and promotional purposes only, including use by media for announcements or reviews.
For more information: http://baymop.com/
해외사진 공모전 번역본이 필요하신 분은 코리안포토그래픽으로 문의 주시길 바랍니다.